Indications of Autism Spectrum Disorders Through all the recent publicity of Autism Spectrum Disorders in the news you might be wondering what are the characteristics of Autism. Here's a list of indications that can be to Autism Spectrum Disorders. If you set eyes on these signs in your son address to their medical doctor concerning having them evaluated. The sooner that Autism Spectrum Disorders is discovered the better the chances are at treating it.
1. Does not achieve developmental goals on time. Each baby develops differently. Several children will creep at four months while others will not until they are several months older. This can be completely normal. The trouble starts when every milestone is much later than normal. If your child is not meeting the developmental stages speak with their doctor.
2. Infant does not speak. Children learn to chat at different ages. Some will start chatting very young while others will just start blurting out entire sentences one day. This can be very standard. However if your child does not have any babbling type talk by the age of one this could be a grounds for worry. Most children will says several words by the time they are sixteen months. If your youngster is not ask their physician if they think an evaluation is essential.
3. No eye contact. Most babies and children will look at you when you are talking to them. Autistic kids will often not give you eye contact. It will look as if they are looking off into a daze instead of paying notice to you. They will not point to objects. They will not gaze at something you are trying to show them. Instead they look past it.
4. Child does not show feeling. Autistic children often do not show any feeling. They do not smile back when a person smiles at them. They do not demonstrate any cares when someone around them is expressing pain, or crying. The Autistic child does not generally like to be seized or cuddled. They will not reach up for their parents to hold them.
5. Enjoys to play by their self. Typically the Autistic child will play alone. They feel more at ease being by them self. They have a hard time making friends. They do not know how to connect to other kids. They do not recognize when another child is joking with them. They take everything said to them literally.
6.Sometimes the young one loses skills they knew. The child may have learned to talk and then it seems as if they forgot how. They can learn a new ability and then a week later have no idea how to do it. Autistic children often drop skills they have learned.
These are just a few of the signs of Autism. If you become aware of any of them in your children converse to their doctor. All children with Autism will not have every symptom. Getting them diagnosed as soon as doable will allow therapy to begin earlier. Getting your child evaluated as soon as you suspect a problem is very important. Even if there is nothing wrong it is better to be careful. It's better for the young one the earlier treatment can be started.
Read more about Autism at http://aspergers-autism.com