Vision Therapy is an individualized, supervised, treatment program designed to correct visual-motor and/or perceptual-cognitive deficiencies. Vision Therapy sessions include procedures designed to enhance the brain's ability to control:
Visual-motor skills and endurance are developed through the use of specialized computer programs. Who Benefits from Vision Therapy? Children and adults with visual challenges, such as:
• Learning-related Vision Problems Vision Therapy can help those individuals who lack the necessary visual skills for effective reading, writing, and learning (i.e., eye movement and focusing skills, convergence, eye-hand activity, visual memory skills, etc.).
• Poor Binocular Coordination Vision Therapy helps individuals develop normal coordination and teamwork of the two eyes (binocular vision). When the two eyes fail to work together as an effective team, performance in many areas can suffer (reading, sports, depth perception, eye contact, etc.).
• Lazy Eye (Strabismus and Amblyopia) Vision Therapy offers much higher cure rates for turned eyes and/or lazy eye when compared to eye surgery, glasses, and/or patching, without therapy. The earlier the patient receives Vision Therapy the better.
• Stress-induced Visual Difficulties 21st century lifestyles demand more from our vision than ever before. Children and adults in our technological society constantly use their near vision at work and at home. C.V.S. (Computer Vision Syndrome) is one of the fastest growing health concerns in the workplace today. Environmental stresses on the visual system (including excessive computer use or close work) can induce eyestrain, headaches, and/or visual difficulties which can be effectively treated with Vision Therapy.
• Visual Rehabilitation for Special Populations Vision can be compromised as a result of neurological disorders or trauma to the nervous system (such as, traumatic brain injuries, stroke, whiplash, developmental delays, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, etc.).
• Sports Vision Improvement Strong visual skills are critical to sports success. Not much happens in sports until your eyes instruct your hands and body as to what to do! Accurate vision and athletic visual skills can be measured, developed, and enhanced through Vision Therapy.
Vision Therapy has been researched by some of the most prestigious universities including State University of New York, UCLA-San Diego and the Mayo Clinic. Vision Therapy can be the answer to many visual problems.
Visual Problems can contribute significantly to Kids Reading, Learning and Attention Issues. Vision Therapy provides new revolutionary programs that have been developed to treat various visual problems such as sore eyes, eyes strain and convergence insufficiency .